Monday, December 6, 2010

Nostalgia

Cat (Art?) Dosa

After a long time I had the chance to make animal shaped dosas yesterday. Ranga's niece and her family had come home and I made a cat dosa, elephant dosa and fish dosa for the grandson!

Everybody around including Ranga was surprised to see the art in dosa!

I travelled down the memory lane to the great days at No.1. Ranganathan Road where my sister Sundari used to make cat shaped dosa for me. I do remember that Amma used to make small dosas - like the mini uthappams we get in Saravana Bhavan these days - just to make it more interesting for us to eat! To my knowledge it was Sundari who created the cat dosa first. I used to be very fascinated by the cat and used to eat just the tail, then the ears and then the head and so on, what fun it was! Later in life, I extended to elephant shape, fish shape, star shape etc for the many nephews and nieces, but till date cat dosa is the first one that I make when I get a chance to entertain a child with different shaped dosas!
Thank you Sundari for introducing me to this art. This blog is just for you!

In so many years, Ranga says he has never seen these dosas made by me and took some snaps!



3 comments:

  1. Wow! I remember making these dosas so long ago. I had even continued with Vini and Vigi. But I never realised that I left such a lasting impression on you. Thank you for the dedication. :) Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice flow.Good article
    Very nice flow.Good article
    Very nice flow.Good article
    Very nice flow.Good article

    ReplyDelete
  3. the grandson loved it! as did his mom and the rest of the entourage :)

    ReplyDelete